The e-ducation without borders conference is a global student forum that began in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, during the year 2000. The first global conference was held in April 2001. This is a global student conference for post secondary students enrolled in full-time programs in Colleges, Universities and Technical Colleges throughout the world. The aim of the first conference was to explore the impact of e-Learning on the global educational community.
e-ducation Without Borders 2001" featured students and their mentor's participation in a range of activities; formal round table discussions, presentation of papers, demonstrations of e-learning materials and programs, networking with future business colleagues and leaders establishing an on-going international body.
The second conference will take place in Abu Dhabi between Feb 22 to 24, 2003. This years global student forum, extends the previous conference theme, by examining global approaches regarding implementation of technology in education and life long learning. The conference is designed to be a platform for discussions and focus groups that initiate dialogue within the parameters of the conference; ultimately cascading out into the global community. By providing high profile keynote speakers it is intended to create an environment unlike any other learning opportunity the delegates previously had experienced.
The conference objectives are to:
• Create an environment conducive to the transfer of information, ideas and concepts.
• Expose delegates to a variety of cultures and philosophies drawn from a global pool.
• Provide a nucleus of high profile speakers that will increase delegate's perspectives on a variety of issues and topics.
• Provide the latest technologies and their interrelationship with the learning process.
• Provide a catalyst for e-ducation.
• Profile the UAE and the HCT as purveyors of high quality education with concern to their role in the global community.
The main speaker for the current conference is Dr. Edward De Bono, who is widely regarded by many as the leading authority in the world in the field of creative thinking and the direct teaching of thinking as a skill. What is unique about Edward de Bono is that he works with school-children, senior executives in major corporations and with governments.